Last updated 20 November 2018
Information We Collect
GetReminded collects non-personally identifiable and non-aggregating information. The specific types of information we collect is:
- Information about your current policies and contracts. This information is limited to the current provider and expiry date of the current policy.
- Account profile information we require to establish a valid registration with GetReminded is your first name and email address.
We DO NOT collect any billing, payment, or account information related to your contracts, policies, plans or other personal documents.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your GetReminded account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your GetReminded account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which teams you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your GetReminded account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access GetReminded through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use GetReminded.
How we use your information
Providing the GetReminded service
We use the information you provide to authenticate you and deliver content and messages to you.
Understanding and improving our products. To constantly improve Get Reminded we have to understand how users are using it. We collect usage data and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a unique GetReminded user.
Communicating with you
We will send occasional administrative emails, particularly in relation to our service offering, changes to this policy or security notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may unsubscribe from them. Unsubscribing from GetReminded communications will provide the option to opt out of category-specific communications or complete removal from the GetReminded service.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by GetReminded. This section discusses only how GetReminded may share user information. GetReminded may share information:
- With our users’ consent to comply with legal process or to protect GetReminded and our users.
- When we have your consent, or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or GetReminded; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third-party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
- With third-party service providers who manage information on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with the Australian Privacy Guidelines. For example, we may share data with a security consultant to help us prevent unauthorised access; or an email vendor who sends messages on our behalf; or technology partners who manage our database.
We WILL NOT provide GetReminded user data with any other third party organisations and/or advertisers.
GetReminded takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the GetReminded service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error-free.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post updates on this page. If you continue to use GetReminded after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
The office of GetReminded Pty. Ltd. is located at:
119 Willoughby Road, Crows Nest NSW 2065 Australia
We welcome feedback from customers and other interested parties. The email address to contact us [email protected].